Friday, March 8, 2013

Its Friday!

Good morning to the 1 or 2 people that read this!

Today is going to be a good day because its Friday, and after all the snow Wenesday it should be in the 60's this weekend. (Virginia is crazy like that.)

Last night my dog and I went to the garage for a run on the treadmill. Well, he just sat next to the dog statue and stared at it while I ran. It was a rought start, the dvd I put in kept skipping and then once I got that going GUN SHOTS started happening outside. Let me paint a picture for you. I live in the middle of nowhere. Really, the only gas stations that are near me are 10 minutes away and thats driving fast. We have a horse pasture in our back yard, sans horses. Even a big red barn. We have neighbors but one is on the other side a privacy fence and the other is a good acre away.

Its a good thing no one could see me when I heard the gun shots because I ducked down like an idiot and the dog barking just freaked me out more. I called Josh on my phone and asked if it was him, it wasn't. Luckily I could text the neighbor and she said it was her. She saw a coyote. Like I said...We live in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, after all that I ended up running a little bit over 2.5 miles. Which is awesome for me. The shorter strides are really making a difference, before I would feel like finishing after 1 mile.

I think I will look at jogging strollers tomorrow. When spring comes I would really love to take Willow to a park and get her in on the action too. Any suggestions for jogging strollers? I will probably try for a used one.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I am going to have a long run this weekend (for me thats about 3 miles) and Sunday is rest day!

My new shoes (sorry for the blurry shot!):



I am absolutely in love with them! Best Valentine gift ever! :)

No comments: