Wednesday, September 11, 2013

So...I Took a Little Break...

Okay, lets go back about what? 2 months? Whoops!

I draw a sweet dirt family for Josh, and he draws a dinosaur. Romance isn't dead here! lol 

I'm just going to do a quick update and then get to it!

New happenings:
-Willow is 2...its terrific and terrifying at times
- I joined a gym. You can call me a gym rat, because I love it!
- I started back with school.
- We took Willow fishing for the first time and she was so good she took a nap on the boat.

Wow, nothing big ever really happens in my life. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.



Anyway. With everything going on in summer, I haven't been running like I was. I would rather come home after work and play with my daughter. I did join a gym and one of its locations isn't far from my job so I will go on my lunch breaks at least 2-3 times a week plus on the weekends too. I have an hour lunch, so I will fit in about 10 to 15 minutes of running on the treadmill, then weights. I also will do the elliptical but I hate it. That thing is just awkward.

Another reason I've been going to the gym more than running outside is because it has childcare. So on the weekends when I go I can take Willow. She gets to socialize and play with other kids while I do my thing. If we don't have errands to run then we will go to the pool after, which she loves too. I see it as a win/win.

I went to a new location Sunday, and it was the biggest gym I've been to yet. The Y in Ashland was 2 stories. It even had an indoor track. I was compelled to use the indoor track but then I saw the treadmills. They have touch screens! They have different "paths" you can take while running! Its like traveling virtually to Italy, Germany or other places. So, I had to try it. I ran 1.5 miles and loved it. After that I used the usual machines. Chest Press, Leg Press, and some that I can't remember the names. Let me just say, its Wednesday and I'm still sore. I'm going to my usual location at lunch today.

Another reason I've been shortening my runs is because I want to focus on other fitness goals. I would like to see an improvement in over all strength. I will always continue running as long as I continue fitness but since I have not signed up for any races I am not training for anything. I do enjoy seeing the difference in my strength in my arms, shoulders, back and legs. Abs are another thing. After have a baby those things might take years to build up!



Okay, so catch up is done. not much is new. But I will continue to write, just in case some one might be interested (but lets not get my hopes up here, okay?)


No comments: