Friday, September 13, 2013

When You Get In A Slump

What keeps you motivated when you get in a fitness slump?

I've been going to the gym at least a few times a week, plus weekends for about a month and a half now. I don't know if I just don't notice or what, but I feel like I look no different. Not that I was expecting to become a 6-packed, guns for arms, running machine or anything. I was just expecting a little more...firmness? Which, by the way, is hard to find in some areas after having kids. I don't care who you are.

Sometimes not seeing the results you want can leave you unmotivated. We have to remember that everything takes time, and its more about how you feel than how you look. (Right now I feel b-l-o-a-t-e-d)

Also, its good to switch it up a bit, or kick it up a notch. Try doing 20 reps instead of 15. Try adding 5 lb. to the weights. Go an extra quarter, half, or even whole mile. Try a group class. Any (or all) of those can be helpful.

I haven't ran outside in a while, so that will be one of my goals for next week. Maybe switching it up and getting some fresh air will help.

Still not seeing the results you want? Keep these in mind:

- Give your body a break. Those rest days allow those muscles to heal and strengthen.
- Drink enough water, if not your body will retain it.
- Sleep! Sleeping 8 hours (or trying) is essential for your body, mental focus, and well...everything
- Eat! Eat for fuel. I'm not saying skip the ice cream because that would be hypocritical of me. Ice cream can be fuel....right? Just be sure that the bulk of your food is veggies, fruits, grains and lean meats.
- Try cardio and weights. Doing cardio for at least 10 minutes before weights helps to speed up your metabolism and it warms those muscles up!
- Last on my list- Stretch! Before. After. Both.

da mo 83 Daily motivation (25 photos)
from Theberry.com

No comments: