Friday, July 5, 2013

July 4th Recap

Happy Belated July 4th to you all! I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Independence Day!


We all got up a little too early for a day off, around 5:30 am. I ran 4 miles on the treadmills and it was fantastic. You know what I mean, when you start off thinking "I'll go 2.5 miles and be done." And so you get to that point and think "Maybe I should just go ahead to 3" and by the time I got to 3.5 miles I was feeling awesome and just kept at it. I give partial credit to those Jelly Belly sport beans I ate before hand.

My biggest issue (I've said it before) with running in the morning is that I eat about twice as much as I usually do...well maybe not twice but more. I'm not even going to confess to what all I ate yesterday.

Willow, Jessie H and I made a trip to Lowes and Walmart yesterday and got supplies to make a chalkboard for Willows room. Partical board, 1 can of pink spray paint, 1 can of chalkboard spray paint and two I hooks to hang it with = just over 15 dollars. The cheaper of the easel already made chalkboards run about $40. I will finish it this weekend and I'm super excited.



We went to Josh's friends house about an hour and fifteen minutes away and watched fireworks. They live in a cute neighborhood that has a lake in the middle. Everyone there is really laid back and friendly, and Willow made a new friend, Mason. He is adorable!


She is finally old enough to appreciate the fireworks, ha.



We didn't get home until 11:30, I woke up at 5 this morning and did yoga. And now I'm at work, along with 4 other people. Everyone else took off so I'm going to take advantage and use to day to organize, file, and clean. Wish me luck! have a great weekend!

No comments: