Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Early Morning + Being a Runaway Mommy So Far

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I slacked yesterday, I didn't post and I didn't run. The babysitter could only watch Willow until 12 so I left work early and we had a mini girls day. Mostly we ran errands but it was still time spent together.

After all that getting in and out of the vehicle I was beat. So stoufers and a salad for dinner it was and then I gave the little one a bath and worked on getting her to go asleep. Which the thunderstorm made that a little difficult. We tried having her in our bed for a while but I like my kidneys kick free while I'm trying to sleep.

Anyway, We had to get up around 4:30 this morning. Willow's babysitter is going out of town for the day for something with her kids (I think its a fair type thing, her kids have to show their cows they raise) and she said she could still take Willow for the day. Hopefully they won't get back too late.

I got Willow ready and Josh left to take her to the sitter's (Which, btw, is the first time he's ever done that )  so I went for a quick run. I ran 2.58 miles in about 27 minutes. That included my warm up, I was short on time this morning.
_____________________________________________________________________

I was reading a few of my first posts from a couple months ago and I can see my improvement. The main reason why I started this blog was to be able to see how far I've come. When I first started my absolute long run was 2.5 miles. Now that's the shortest distance I will let myself go. I'm a little faster, and I wouldn't say running is easy. Breathing while running is getting better and I'm testing distances/speeds/new areas to run.

 Since I've started running I feel like I'm finding myself again. After having Willow I let my role become mainly "mom", which I'm not saying is a bad thing, but its healthiest to have something of your own too. Its healthiest for everyone. You realize that you can be a mom and be you at the same time, you don't have to give up one for the other.

Also, its great to see your little girl sit up in the jogging stroller and yell "Go, Go, Go!"
Best. Cheerleader. Ever.





No comments: