Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Secret Weapon

If you were to have one personal item in your desk at work, what would it be? 

This is mine:

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2b612fd11f&view=att&th=13ec7014ed501c56&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1435645617497964544-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_Vibd7PKDy8_1itS9theVP&sadet=1369143828786&sads=_kSUhWjKpX7dD2Xzxu5B-NOmJzk&sadssc=1

Why? There are many reasons. 1- I have a toddler, so I never know when I might be wearing yogurt on the back of my skirt. 2- I am as messy as a toddler, so I never know when I might be wearing food on the rest of me. 

Seriously though, these are awesome. Just thought I'd share.


I tried the 6 week 6 pack level 1 video last night (you can watch it here ) and its tough. My sides are pretty sore today. I tried extra hard to "suck it in" while doing this last night, I think lately I have been pushing my abdominal muscles out and that is the wrong way. suck. it. in. 

I got home before Josh yesterday (he is working late every day this week so he can be off Friday) so I had a chance to try making something new for dinner. I threw some chicken in a bag with olive oil, grill shakers chicken seasoning blend, and some honey and let it sit in the fridge while I did dishes. Once the oven was preheated to 350 degrees I baked them for about 25-30 minutes. I also made brown rice for myself, chicken pasta side for Willow and Josh, and Steamer's peas and mushrooms for the vegetable. It was pretty good.  Willow especially liked the peas. I think Josh was even impressed with dinner. (He asked me what I made the chicken with and I told him "love. I made them with love." haha)
0520131849.jpg

Anyway, this morning I had to take Willow to the babysitter's early, which meant I was running late to make breakfast and I was early to work. So I picked up breakfast and coffee from Martin's on the way in. 
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2b612fd11f&view=att&th=13ec6e8434d745e9&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1435643877704859648-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_Vibd7PKDy8_1itS9theVP&sadet=1369143912805&sads=nAgnX68JZBpIrZFRwbK1jbuvbGc

Its starting to bug me to buy breakfast when I have perfectly good food at home. I don't have to buy breakfast/lunch often, usually its because I'm running late leaving the house (like today.). But, it was a pretty delicious breakfast all the same. 

What do you do for food when you are running late? 

PS- Why can I never get mad at Willow for waking me up at 2 am? Despite the fact that when she gets in our bed she kicks me in gut the whole time? Because at some point I always wake up to her staring at me and giving me a kiss. Gotta love toddler moments :)

0519132027.jpg
love her!
 


No comments: