Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Humidity is Thick in These Parts

Well, I had started a post earlier today but obviously I never saved it. 

So lets try again. Because that's how my day is going today. 


Yesterday I met up with Mandy and we went for a run at The Park. She hadn't been there before so I'm glad she came with me, it was really sunny out so everything was particularly sparkly. 

And humid. 
da mo 2014 Daily motivation (25 photos) 
Seasoned runners, please, explain to me how you don't just keel over when its 80+ degrees and I believe it was somewhere in the 80 to 90% humidity. How do you do that? I'm pretty sure that the public would not appreciate seeing me flap around naked through the park, so how else do you keep cool? I must research this more! Tips? Advice? 

Today is not a run day but it's been an "ehh" day so I think I'll go for one once Willow goes to sleep tonight. But only if that giant hornet has been kind enough to evacuate from the garage. 


 We are having a small cook out this weekend, and I am  trying to think up some easy dishes. Josh pretty much does all the meat-related food, so I handle the sides. Most of the time I end up with a lot of left overs, so I am going to keep it simple, and probably about 4 sides and 1 or 2 deserts. Also, my time is limited. I have to work and clean the house and various other tasks with Willow by (or on) my side. So I'm thinking these:

-pasta salad
-chips and salsa
-buffalo chicken sliders
-baked beans


and for deserts:
-fruit pizza
-cupcakes or brownies


Now, Don't you go and get overly excited about my menu items. I know they seem totally exciting and everything (sarcasm is as thick as the humidity today, know?) . But hey, when the most likely things to be consumed include bbq and beer (basing this on past experience) I'm not going to kill myself over it. Also, limited budgets. I may figure out something a lot tastier than the pasta salad and baked beans, give me a few days on pinterest first, and I'll report back.

No comments: