Friday, March 22, 2013

Going the (5k) Distance

Yesterday's run:

3.22 miles

Finish 5k distance in 34.43 min

Ran at Bryan Park





First thing. I have been spoiled by running on the treadmill so much! I cannot wait for it to be nicer here so I can run at the local parks. I know what some of you are thinking right now, that I can go run outside even when its not 60 degrees and sunny out. But I just don't want to. It doesn't mean that I don't want to run, I still run. Just on the lovely treadmill that isn't bothered by wind. (note: the garage has no heat either. so its freezing/hot when the outside climate is too)

Pros and Cons to running on a treadmill

Pros:

1. No one will judge me in my garage when my face turns the color of a strawberry.
2. The wind won't hit me like a punch in the face (like it did outside yesterday)
3. There is no one to see me spill water all over myself
4. I can wear my old, grossly stained/bleach spotted sweat pants
5. Bicyclist don't lap me over 2x
6. I know exactly where I am going to finish my run at

Cons:

1. My incline does not work so my run is set on easy
2. The view never changes, only the DVD in the player.
3. There is no fresh air in the garage, just dusty man-cavish items strewn about
4. There is no one to say a friendly "hello" to.
5. I don't get an option of taking Willow in the (thank goodness I finally got one) jogging stroller
6. I don't get to enjoy nature

Anyway, My run ended up being a solo run but that was okay, I was lame and had to stop a few times to catch my breath. The wind was crazy strong and I've been fighting a sore throat all week (excuses excuses).

Tomorrow is the Big Day! The Rebuilding Richmond 5k  will be my first race ever and even though I'm not that fast and not that coordinated, I am super excited! I hope it marks many more to come!

My question is, What is best to eat/drink the night before? I know something small before hand in the morning as to not upset my stomach, but I've heard different things about the night before. Also, I understand this is not a marathon or anything but I want to be the best I can be tomorrow.


I will post pictures and the results of tomorrow either Sunday or Monday. (most likely Monday while I'm at work, since Willow is pretty insistant on taking over the laptop at home.)

Hope you all have great weekend!


Follow">http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6315623/?claim=vvshm85dv54">Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: