Monday, March 4, 2013

Post Run Shake and Weekend Run

Happy Monday?
mc random 28 Morning coffee (39 photos)

Saturday when I finally got Willow down for a nap, I went for a run around our horse pasture and yard. I'm going to be honest here, I went 2.30 miles and it took me 30 minutes. I was really hoping that by now I could get to at least 2.5 miles in that time. So this week my goal is to go AT LEAST 2.30 miles per run. I would like to do that in less than 30 minutes. So wish me luck! Hopefully my new Brooks Adrenaline 12 shoes will come in today or tomorrow. I can't wait for that.

Yesterday while grocery shopping at target with Willow (Target is pretty much my weakness...and now that it has a grocery section I am done for!) and I picked up some unsweetened vanilla almond milk while we were there. Have you tried this stuff?? I am so surprised about how tasty it is! I made an iced coffee in the afternoon with it for a pick-me-up and last night I made this little number after my work out:

Banana-Almond-Chipper Shake (catchy name right?):

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 frozen banana (cut up)
1 spoonful of peanut butter
1 spoonful of nesquiks no sugar added chocolate powder
1 handful of ice

I put it in the blender and BAM instant heaven. 1 cup of almond milk is about 30 calories with more calcium than regular milk. Peanut butter is always great for protein and everything else is tasty as well. I highly recommend trying this!

Tonight is a run night, and its going to be on the treadmill which I am starting to dread. The garage is a mess and both treadmills don't always function properly. Hopefully I can set a movie up out there, if I can get Josh's help!

What is your favorite post work out snack?

No comments: