Thursday, March 7, 2013

Short Strides, Longer Distance?

Good Morning!

I hope its warm and sunny where you are, because here in VA its cold and snowy. Yesterday we all stayed home from work/daycare and watched the snow fall. Why watch the snow fall you ask? Well, the power went out for the better part of the day so we had the woodstove going and enjoyed the scenery instead of the TV. I didn't venture out in it though, 30 mile per hour wind mixed with snow/rain is not my cup of coffee. We ate too much and I did some strength training to attempt to counter act all the eating, but really it was just me being optimistic. My sides do hurt from all the side planks though. So theres a plus.

Tuesday night I ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill. I used the newer-to-me treadmill this time and it actually helped me with my running style. I think before I was running too heavy and too long of strides. With this treadmill if you hit it too hard with your feet it will stop a little bit and almost make you trip up. So I practiced short, light strides and I was amazed at how less fatigued my legs were! Also, my knees didn't hurt so much. I can not tell you how excited I am about this new discovery! I can't wait to hop on it tonight!

C9 by Champion® Women's Run Skapri - Assorted Colors I bought a pair of these at Target the other day...I LOVE THEM...but I feel a little dorky wearing them at the same time. Have you tried the Skort/Legging deal yet? (p.s. Can I wear these all day? I feel like I want to)

  My happy toddler yesterday, enjoying a cinnamon roll dipped in yogurt.


I hope everyone enjoys their day today! I am so happy to see the sun shine and the snow melt! :)

No comments: