Friday, March 1, 2013

In the Begining...

Happy Friday!

I have a little over an hour left before my weekend officially starts and I am STARVING.

I usually eat small breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/snack/dinner. I promise its not as bad as it looks. Snacks are usually 1 of the following: Special K cereal, 90 Calorie Fiber One bars, Coffee, etc.

See. Not so bad. Anyway, I forgot my afternoon snacks today so I am eating one of my emergency protein bars I have in my desk drawer. I'm not going to lie, it tastes awful. Unfortunately, if I don't eat something now I will eat EVERYTHING later.

Has anyone else ever noticed that many long term runners do not always explain how hard it was for them when they first started? I have. Mostly because I am waiting for someone to say "when I first started I couldn't go more than 2 miles walking/running". I have yet to hear that. They always change the subject. Boo.

So I am telling you, in the hopes that one day I will be a long term, long distance runner, that I cannot go more than 2.5 miles, and I am still not running the entire time. I realized the other day however, that this is not necessarily a bad thing, that I have to work myself up to it. well, I am as impatient as they come. My knees hurt and I think its because of 2 things: 1-my shoes and 2-my inexperience.

I ordered new shoes today, (Brooks Adrenaline 12), and started doing hip-strengthening exercises (as of last night) to help with knee pain. Apparently if your knees hurt it may be a sign of weak hips. (you try carrying a 8.9 lb baby for over the allotted time and gaining 50lbs while doing so....almost 2 years later my hips still aren't normal!)

I'm hoping these help, because I am planning on running my butt off! Hopefully tonight I can get in 2 miles, and tomorrow go for a walk with Willow during the day.

When is your favorite time to run? or the most convenient?

TGIF!


From theBerry.com's Daily Motivation (AKA My Hero):
da mo 723 Daily motivation (25 photos)

No comments: