Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Burning It Up!


 


Really, who is not enjoying this weather?!

My Princess from Saturday
It is so nice to not have to put a coat on before leaving for work. Willow actually wore shorts for the first time this year today! And if I do say so myself, she was pretty darn cute. I tried to get a picture but she was pouting when I dropped her off this morning.

Since I ran out of my yogurt and banana for breakfast this morning, I went with a Click Espresso Protein drink and a bagel. Probably not the healthiest but it was pretty darn tasty. And I didn't have to drink any coffee since my protein shake had 2 shots of espresso in it!

Is anyone else nervous about running in the upcoming heat? It is supposed to be in the 80's today and a high of 88 tomorrow. I'm hopefully going on a run after work and I am pretty positive I do not know how to dress for this. I have yoga shorts and a loose fitting t-shirt, but nothing fancy or moisture wicking like I should probably have. (Shopping trip??)

I also forgot socks. So I guess that will be on my list of things to get on my lunch break today...I'm not trying to stink up my running shoes more than they inevitability will already.

I did a work out last night, just a mixture of squats/crunches/jumping jacks/weights/planks/etc. I did this for about 30 minutes. Also, I walked to and from work from where I dropped my car off for a state inspection. so that was a little over a mile I walked.
I was bad when I first got home...Willow and I went and played with the neighbors and Amanda and I had some Red Moscato. That stuff is soo good. Seriously going to have to start working out in the morning to avoid the heat and so I can have a glass of wine when I get home some times. ;)
I really really want this kitten.


What is your must have item for running in the heat? Reading up on articles I have these tips to share:


da mo 196 Daily motivation (25 photos)
Found at TheBerry.com

  1. Always stay hydrated. (Not just water, but electrolytes as well!)
  2. Sunglasses are great to keep the sun out of your face, which can be a big annoyance.
  3. Its definitely important to warm up and cool down properly
  4. Dress as if it were 20 degrees warmer. So, If its 80 degrees out, dress as if it were 100 degrees out. I know, you are thinking WTF?? but seriously, its a nice rule of thumb to go by, and you will be glad you did.
Here are some good articles on running in the summer I found:

Surviving the Sizzle - Women's Running

20 Tips to Stay Cool- Active.com




No comments: