Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Morning Run



Good Morning!

It is POURING outside right now (Please tell me why I decided to wear a long, flowy, white skirt??)! Good thing it wasn't doing that at 5 am this morning, or I would have used that as an excuse to not run on the treadmill. But It wasn't raining, just really windy (there is a tornado warning until 9am ) so I walked to the garage and hopped on the treadmill. When I run before work it is usually a time crunch, and by the time I got on the treadmill it was around 5:10 so I didn't have much time (I have to be done by 5:40). My one rule about distance is to never go under 2.5 miles, so if there is a time crunch that means I gotta move my a$$. So after a warm up walk I ran at 6.0 - 6.5 miles per hour for the first mile, then took a slow down period for about .10 of a mile, and sped it back up. Including a short cool down (4 mph for .15 miles) my distance was 2.51. I finished in about 28 minutes, which is 3 minutes shorter time than the 33 minutes it took me to do the same distance Wednesday. I was down to my sports bra and shorts by the time I was done....good thing no one was awake, it was a scary sight.

When I run in the morning, I end up starving all day. I had a Click protein shake, fruit (melons and grapes from 7/11), and a peanut butter sandwich already! Now I'm drinking some Green tea, the diet Lipton stuff, which isn't my favorite brand but it'll do.


As for yesterday's work out, it was kind of a mix of randomness. Willow and I both wanted to play outside so I did a few sprints up and down the drive way while Willow tried to do the same and giggled the whole way. We also played and just ran around a lot, took a walk to the barn, and I did some sit ups and weights when we got inside.  It was a really beautiful day, So I decided I'd take some pictures of our walk to share with you guys:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pardon the blurriness, my phone can only handle so much of Willow's super fast toddler speed. :)
 
Behind the barn is a little riding arena area, and usually I will run down the barn drive way, take a few laps around that and back up the driveway and do that whole thing over and over again. Willow really enjoys the barn, she thinks the mini horse stall is hers.
 
 
Well, I hope you all have a great weekend, its supposed to be gorgeous out!
 
 
Oh, one more thing...
 
GOOD LUCK MANDY (and all other runners doing the Monument 10k tomorrow) YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!

No comments: